Job Opportunities for Clients
Our Clients—Columbia Industries is committed to supporting and empowering individuals with disabilities and other challenges, in order to help them achieve personal success and community engagement.
A client is a person with “unique abilities” learning valuable work skills.
Columbia Industries receives referrals from the Division of Development Disabilities (DDD) for our on-site client positions. Clients at Columbia Industries receive training in various industry sectors. Examples of training includes small assembly/production work, janitorial and grounds maintenance, and retail sales/stocking. Client applications are available at our Administration office for temporary, short-term positions that may come about due to a special project. An applicant pool is kept for people not eligible for DDD services.
Off-Site, Positions in the Community
The Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) refers individuals for our job placement and community based assessment services. For information regarding DVR services please click on the DVR link above.
DVR wishes to thank Columbia Industries for their high quality and innovative services. We value their partnership as we continue to work together to help people with disabilities enrich their lives through employment. You can find more about DVR at www.dshs.wa.gov/dvr.
Teachers wanting to refer students for program services, please click here for the SPI Referral Form.
Job Opportunities for Staff
If you are interested in joining our staff, please review our current openings below. Please download our employment application here. Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as possible
This position is located in Wenatchee, WA and will be responsible for driving the CI Shred Truck as a Secure Document Destruction Representative as well as building business contacts and relations in the Wenatchee, WA area. Under the direction of the Shred Manager and Operations Lead, this motivated and outgoing individual will facilitate service of our current shred accounts and is instrumental in obtaining new accounts and providing outstanding customer service in the Wenatchee, WA and surrounding areas. Responsible for vehicle and equipment maintenance, maintaining positive relationships with current customers, bringing in new accounts, and servicing document destruction routes as established.
- High School graduate or GED preferred
- Must have current Washington Class B CDL license with airbrake endorsement.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs consistently
- Must have proof of insurance & clean driving record
- Bilingual preferred
- Must have computer skills
- Live in the Wenatchee area
We seek a highly motivated and outgoing individual for our daily shred route maintenance. Physical work and driving involved. Computer skills required. Bilingual preferred. Outstanding customer service and sales skills highly desired. Previous driving experience required. Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen.
Must be available to work Monday -Friday from 6:30 am - 4:30 pm, some holiday or weekend work may be required on rare occasions.
DOQ plus benefits
Application can be downloaded from our website, www.columbiaindustries.com. Submit resume, application and cover letter to email@example.com, Attention Chief Administrative and Human Resources Officer. AA/EEO Employer. Position open until filled. #1522.
As soon as possible
Provides outstanding customer service to all customer accounts. Develops new business opportunities wherever possible. Maintains current customer accounts and equipment with focus on safety. Drives truck over established routes to deliver full water bottles and picks up empties, completes work orders, makes sales calls to potential new customers and acts as a representing agent of the company.
Education: Applicant needs to have a minimum High School Diploma/GED.
Experience: One year full time employment in a delivery position
Paradise Water is looking for a highly motivated individual who will provide excellent customer service to current accounts and develop new customer opportunities. Needs to have excellent oral communications, people skills and sales ability. Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts (addition, subtraction, etc.) Physical work and driving involved. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. on a consistent basis. Must have a clean driving record, a current Washington State Drivers License, proof of insurance, and be able to get DOT physical card. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
x4 - 10's (4 days a week, 10 hours a day) Varies in hours as needed.
$14.00 - $16.00 DOQ and benefits
Internal/External posting. Internal applications available on the p drive and outside CI Administrative Officer/ Director of HR’s door. External applicants may apply at www.columbiaindustries.com. EE0/AA Employer. Persons with disabilities and veterans encouraged to apply. #1515.
Open until filled
Marie Lathim, CI Administrative Officer/Director of Human Resources
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Provides daily supervision of production departments as directed by the CI Community Center Manager and Director of Mission Services. Reports client task changes, assists in maintaining quality control of products and/or services. Assists in meeting daily production requirements. Assists in the preparation and/or clean-up of work area. Oversees client services in the Solutions Center. Performs time studies, timecards, and tracking of client goals. Ensure that clients’ needs are being met. Provides an atmosphere in which the client develops an understanding of the relationship of work to daily living and adult responsibility. Ensures that contract work is performed efficiently and in accordance to the established quality standards. Observes and complies with client confidentiality policies. Observes and complies with Agency Safety Programs and procedures. Supports and complies with Agency policies, procedures, and philosophies.
High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree or two-year degree desired. Substitution for education: 2 years’ work experience in rehab setting. Experience: 1 year work experience in rehab setting or related field, or AA, Degree in related field can substitute for experience.
Must have a high level of organizational, written, and verbal communication skills, computer skills, be dependable, flexible, independent, and show initiative. Must work well in teams as well as alone. Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Monday-Friday, hours vary 8:00am - 4:30pm
Full-Time Benefited position
Submit cover letter, application and resume to Columbia Industries, PO Box 7346, Kennewick, WA 99336, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Chief Administrative and Human Resources Officer. (Application can be obtained from our website at www.columbiaindustries.com).
Open until filled. Job #1525. EEO/AA Employer. Veterans encouraged to apply.
Fall of 2021
Columbia Industries (CI), a unique “hybrid” 501(c) (3) social enterprise, is seeking an outstanding financial leader and business strategist to serve as Chief Financial Officer. The right candidate will be an accomplished, strategic, passionate, and collaborative financial leader with excellent finance, accounting, Treasury, and strategic planning skills and a business-focused, operational mindset. The CFO will be an effective, process-oriented manager and mentor who can provide maximum impact and support for CI’s strong revenue growth, paradigm transformation and significant mission expansion. This position works closely with the Chief Executive Officer, leads the accounting team and is a member of the Executive Leadership team.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 1963, Columbia Industries is a Washington State 501(c)(3) social enterprise operating within Benton and Franklin Counties. CI is a dynamic organization whose mission is to support and empower individuals with disabilities and other challenges to help them achieve personal success, including community employment and meaningful social engagement. CI’s mission is supported through government grants, business operations and fundraising. CI has a unique corporate structure: a non-profit parent and four, for-profit subsidiaries that provide financial resources for support of the mission and vision of Columbia Industries. CI is growing rapidly, with annual revenue of approximately $14.0 million, up from $4.7 million in 2018.
Columbia Industries provides employment services, specialized vocational and life skills training, job coaching and placement, direct employment opportunities, a center for social enrichment, and connectivity to community resources for individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment. These services are available to our clients and program participants as well as to the community at large.
- Report to and strategically partner with the Chief Executive Officer
- Provide timely, operationally insightful financial information to the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Leadership team, Department Managers, and the Board of Directors
- Lead, supervise, coach and collaborate with the accounting department team members
- Plan, develop, operate, and control the annual budget
- Review and approve contracts for acquisitions and services
- Manage annual financial audit
- Mentor and manage the Controller position
- Interface with bankers and financial institutions
- Perform risk analysis in conjunction with insurance brokers; ensure company’s risks are mitigated
- Direct monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing procedures
- Supervise all accounting activities for the consolidated organization
- Provide insight and advice to department and business managers
- Provide periodic consolidating of financial reports
- Oversee the withholding and remittance of employment taxes and quarterly filings
- Provide KPIs in financial reporting
- Manage annual budget process and QuickBooks Enterprise in all integrated software platforms
- With Chief Executive Officer, provide strategic vision to leadership team in acquisitions
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES:
- Past success working with a Board of Directors and an aggressive, growth-oriented CEO
- A self-starter who practices transparency and high integrity leadership
- Rock solid financial management skills anchored by a true process orientation
- Has owned budget preparation, analysis, reporting and 5-year projection processes
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills: a highly effective manager and mentor
- A nimble and flexible mind able to grasp and generate new ideas and paradigms
- A proven Change Leader and strategic visionary
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably from an accredited college in the accounting field)
- Advanced degree (preferred); CPA (preferred)
- 7 – 10 years in senior leadership or management, 8+ years of supervisory experience
- Tax and Treasury management skills
- Understanding of business operations, with deep experience supporting them
- Track record of managing and building budgets, programs or businesses
- An understanding of tax, accounting, and funding requirements for nonprofit businesses
- Familiarity with the needs of individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment
- Knowledge of state or federal government funded programs
- A ‘Heart’ for empowering and supporting persons in need
The Columbia Industries office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 to 4:30. This position is expected to work additional hours, including occasional evening or weekend hours, as needed.
Dependent on qualifications
Full-Time benefited position
Submit cover letter, resume and completed application to: Chief Administrative and Human Resources Officer. Email: email@example.com. Application is available on our website: http://columbiaindustries.com/assets/CI-Application-2020.pdf. AA/EEO Employer. Job #1530
Open until filled.
Keep up with our mission.